Once you have a referral letter from another doctor, either a specialist or a GP, you can make an appointment to see Dr Tong by phoning the reception desk on 07 5534 5255.
Dr Tong sees private, public, Veterans’ Affairs and WorkCover patients for treatment purposes only. He does not do medicolegal or insurance assessments.
Patients visiting from overseas can be seen by Dr Tong without a referral letter. The cost of this consultation is borne by the patient.
Please remember to bring the following to your appointment:
- Your letter of referral from your GP or referring doctor.
- Medicare or Veterans’ Affairs card.
- Private health insurance details if you are in a health fund.
- WorkCover patients must bring all information relating to their claim - claim number, name and address of insurance company and contact details for case manager.
- X-rays or other diagnostic imaging films, such as MRI / CT scans. We prefer that these are in hard copy film format and not on a disc. Discs are often slow to load and in some cases do not load at all.
- If you have copies of relevant previous operation notes, information from other doctors or copies of imaging that relate to your condition, then please bring these along also.
To Cancel An Appointment:
Please telephone Dr Tong’s rooms to cancel / change your appointment at the earliest opportunity, and no later than the day prior to your scheduled appointment. This allows us time to offer the appointment to another patient who is waiting for treatment.